A SSL certificate has just been installed on our server, provided by a trusted company called GlobalSign. This means that you can now access our website at https://www.logmyflight.net, so, don’t forget to change the URL if you have bookmarked us.
This is a really important addition since it increases the security of all the exchanges of data throughout the website. Your data will now be a lot safer, thanks to the new HTTPS protocol!
Finally, the version 2 of Logmyflight has arrived! Here is a quick summary of the main features introduced with this new version :
- The website is featuring a brand new and more profesional design.
- The number of pages “refreshes” required to perform some actions has been greatly reduced, which results in a significant gain in time.
- You can now upgrade your account to get access to more features, such as the delay analysis, the new google heatmap, the possibility to retrieve informations of any flight directly from the flight number, and the ability to add pictures to your flights.
- Facebook registration and login is now available, and the activation of each account with a valid email address is not required any more.
- It is possible to use two new flight reasons (military, and simulator flights), and to add new kind of informations when logging a flight (such as the terminals, gates and bag claim numbers).
- When adding a flight, you can now also leave a review (about the airports, airline and/or aircraft used), for every user of our community to see.
- It is now possible to filter the data which appears on all your different charts (for example, you can decide to select only the flights leaving from Brussels in 2016).
- A new chart has been introduced, representing your favorite flight routes.
- In the data section, six new “Top 10” tables have been added. The flights have also been separated into two different tables : one for your previous and one for your future flights.
- 4 brand new awards are available, and 16 achievements have been created. Start earning them all by flying!
- Forms have been created to simplify the process of asking for a new airport, airline or aircraft.
- Some sample data can now be imported when creating a new account, in order to discover all the features offered by us without having to add your own flights.
- A personal summary banner is available on your account, to be used in websites or forums.
- A guided tour button is available on most of the pages to help understand the possibilities offered by the page you’re currently viewing.
- You can finally book your next flight directly from your account.
Some additional features still need to be built and should come in the next few weeks as well, such as :
- The possibility to import flights coming from Jet It Up and TripIt.
- If you don’t remember the exact travel date, it will also be possible to add a flight without travel date, or with some parts of the date (just the year, for example).
- A SSL certificate will be set up as soon as possible, to move from the HTTP to the HTTPS protocol. This will greatly increase the security throughout the website.
Of course, as always, any suggestions, comments or bug reports are more than welcome. To do so, you can just comment on this post or use the appropriate contact form under the contact section of your account. Thank you for the support!
As previously explained, the version 2.0 of Logmyflight is expected to be released early next year. In the meantime, you can already explore and try the first beta of our new and improved system.
Keep in mind that the databases of this new version will be wiped out regularly. Do not add any sensitive information in the beta version and export your flights often, to avoid any loss of data.
We have now been online for more than four months, and it’s time to think about the first major update of the website. The version 2.0 is currently under implementation, and we plan to release a first beta by the end of the year.
This new version will feature a brand-new design and some optimizations in order to improve the user experience. It will also offer some additional features to the users, such as :
- When adding a flight, you will be able to leave a review (about the airports, airline and/or aircraft used), for every user of our community to see.
- Some filters will be available to you to filter the data which appears on all your different charts. For example, it will be possible to select only the flights leaving from Brussels in 2016.
- You will also earn achievements by flying. This will be another great addition to the awards that you can already get.
- It will also be possible to get an upgraded account in order to unlock some additional features, such as a new Google heatmap, the delay analysis of the flights, and the possibility to add pictures when logging your flights.
Some more features have also been planned, such as the introduction of new charts and flight reasons, and the possibility to leave more data when logging a flight (you will, for example, get the possibility to keep the terminal or the bag claim number). More news is coming soon, so stay in touch!
Milestone alert! One hundred different users have now created an account on Logmyflight, in a time period of a bit more than three months. These users have all together logged more than 12.000 flights, totaling more than 20 million kilometers and reaching 150 different countries around the globe.
Airports visited by Logmyflight users
Thank you all! Let’s now keep going this way and reach the next milestone soon!
We have just added a new profile page to every user’s account. You can use this feature starting today by visiting this link. This new page allows you to :
- Discover a summary of your own account (main maps, charts and awards earned).
- Share your profile with friends and family members, using Facebook, Twitter, Google + or your personal link.
- Check out some other user’s account summary.
Of course, you can also switch to a private mode by visiting your settings page. This will make your profile private, so that no one will ever be able to get access to any private information you logged.
As explained in the previous post, most of the major flight loggers available on the internet offer you an option to export your flights in a CSV format. This is the perfect way to get to know Logmyflight, since you can import all this data to your personal account in under two minutes, by visiting the settings page.
This feature was already available for the CSV files from FlightDiary, but has now been upgraded to also have support for the CSV files from OpenFlights. We will add support for importing data from other sources in the future, so, stay in touch!
After almost four months of hard work, we have released the first version of Logmyflight today. We are the newest personal flight logger available, allowing you to keep track of all your flights, to analyze your travel history and receive fun facts, personalized and interactive statistics, as well as charts and maps.
Once your account has been created and verified, you will discover on your account different pages that you can explore.
- Dashboard. Your dashboard is the main page of your account. You can discover all the best elements of the flight data that you logged, such as fun facts about your travels, a map of all your flights, and the chart of the month.
- Add a flight. Three forms to log your flights are available, depending on the kind of data you would like to enter for each flight (minimal, regular and complete forms). Adding data has never been so much fun!
- Community. Discover the awards you’ve earned so far by traveling, and get to know your personal ranking. Start challenging your friends as well as our community, and try to get to the top!
- Maps. We have fully integrated Google and vector maps to show you where you’ve already been, and to help you start planning where to go next for your next trip.
- Statistics. This page consists of a set of responsive and interactive charts displaying your best statistics in a catchy way, for you to spot the most important elements of your account.
- Settings. In this page, you can manage all the main parameters of your account. This is also the place where you can import and export the flights you might have entered on another flight logger website. More details about this feature soon!
Logmyflight is completely free to use, and accessible from all kind of devices, so that you can log your flights at home or on the go. To start using this flight logger, all you have to do is register with us and start traveling. Once the first step done, your travels are far from over : come back again and log your flights on your account. That’s it! See you soon on your account.