Finally, the version 2 of Logmyflight has arrived! Here is a quick summary of the main features introduced with this new version :
- The website is featuring a brand new and more profesional design.
- The number of pages “refreshes” required to perform some actions has been greatly reduced, which results in a significant gain in time.
- You can now upgrade your account to get access to more features, such as the delay analysis, the new google heatmap, the possibility to retrieve informations of any flight directly from the flight number, and the ability to add pictures to your flights.
- Facebook registration and login is now available, and the activation of each account with a valid email address is not required any more.
- It is possible to use two new flight reasons (military, and simulator flights), and to add new kind of informations when logging a flight (such as the terminals, gates and bag claim numbers).
- When adding a flight, you can now also leave a review (about the airports, airline and/or aircraft used), for every user of our community to see.
- It is now possible to filter the data which appears on all your different charts (for example, you can decide to select only the flights leaving from Brussels in 2016).
- A new chart has been introduced, representing your favorite flight routes.
- In the data section, six new “Top 10” tables have been added. The flights have also been separated into two different tables : one for your previous and one for your future flights.
- 4 brand new awards are available, and 16 achievements have been created. Start earning them all by flying!
- Forms have been created to simplify the process of asking for a new airport, airline or aircraft.
- Some sample data can now be imported when creating a new account, in order to discover all the features offered by us without having to add your own flights.
- A personal summary banner is available on your account, to be used in websites or forums.
- A guided tour button is available on most of the pages to help understand the possibilities offered by the page you’re currently viewing.
- You can finally book your next flight directly from your account.
Some additional features still need to be built and should come in the next few weeks as well, such as :
- The possibility to import flights coming from Jet It Up and TripIt.
- If you don’t remember the exact travel date, it will also be possible to add a flight without travel date, or with some parts of the date (just the year, for example).
- A SSL certificate will be set up as soon as possible, to move from the HTTP to the HTTPS protocol. This will greatly increase the security throughout the website.
Of course, as always, any suggestions, comments or bug reports are more than welcome. To do so, you can just comment on this post or use the appropriate contact form under the contact section of your account. Thank you for the support!